AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 06, 2016 06:52PM
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the quick reply. I am looking at some brains with very abnormal ventricles while other brain structures within the same brain are normal size. I was trying to figure out how to allow 3dQwarp larger warps in the ventricle areas while restricting the rest to more moderate warps.

(1) As for the -weights option I was trying to figure out it was just a scale or if I needed to estimate the mm shift I would allow certain voxels in the CSF to move. Based on your response, does it seem reasonable to have outside the brain as 0, inside the brain as a moderate value (0.4-0.6) and the CSF voxels as 1 (largest shift). Or should I have the outside of the brain as 0 , inside of the brain as 1 and CSF values as a value larger than 1 (ie 15) to allow for a much larger warp?

(2) As for the -iniwarp it was just a general question. I use 3dQwarp through auto_warp.py and for a few subjects I was considering to run an initial 3dQwarp separately (for the large ventricles with the weights option) and use this as an input into auto_warp.py via the -qw_opts -iniwarp option. I was just curious what the units are for my own knowledge with respects to this step.

Thanks,
Ajay
Subject Author Posted

3dQwarp -weight and -iniwarp input format

AjaySK April 06, 2016 02:07PM

Re: 3dQwarp -weight and -iniwarp input format

Bob Cox April 06, 2016 03:55PM

AjaySK April 06, 2016 06:52PM

Bob Cox April 07, 2016 03:41PM