AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 15, 2016 10:36AM
Hi, I am trying to decide how to break down data for analysis for a tfMRI task with 6 runs, and I was wondering if it would be preferred to analyze each run separately and put them into a group level analysis, or if it is better to analyze all runs for each subject all together. The advantage of the former method would be better separation of trial conditions, but the disadvantage is each run will have fewer regressors than if I analyze the data all together (as few as 4 in some conditions). That cost seems like it may be balanced by greater sample variance for estimating fixed and random effects on a group level with 3dLME, 3dMVM or 3dMEMA since I will have 6 times as many inputs.

Do you have any suggestions please?
Thank you!
Subject Author Posted

More regressors or more runs?

3dFoodie April 15, 2016 10:36AM

Re: More regressors or more runs?

gang April 15, 2016 04:11PM

3dFoodie April 18, 2016 12:36PM

gang April 18, 2016 02:48PM