AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 14, 2016 12:09PM
Hello, AFNI mindhive --

I'm currently analyzing a set of fMRI data and am running into some trouble implementing a gPPI analysis. My apologies in advance if a similar question has already been posted -- I couldn't find anything when I ran a search.

(Some background if it's useful: We've got a 2x3 design, and we functionally defined seed regions based on sensitivity to the 2-level factor. We're interested in examining functional connectivity differences as a function of the 3-level factor.)

I've worked through Gang Chen's very helpful guide on implementing gPPI and have run my deconvolution analyses for each subject. Here's where I'm having trouble:

• I'm not sure whether to be running the ANOVA on the beta values or the r values. Step 6 of the guide says to output the r coefficient in the deconvolution because the r value will be used in the group analysis, but Step 7 says to run the group analysis on the beta coefficients.
  • Once I've run the ANOVA and identified regions whose functional connectivity to the seed varies based on the task, I'd like to get a sense of which conditions involve greater connectivity and which ones involve less. To do that, I assume I need to extract values from the regions using something like 3dmaskave and examine the pattern of activity. I'm unsure whether it would be appropriate to extract beta values or r values (and, if the latter, what sorts of conclusions I can draw from the values I extract).

Any help you can provide would be incredibly helpful! I'm happy to provide more information if it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Sahil

--
Sahil Luthra, Ph.D. (he/him/his)
Postdoctoral Researcher, Carnegie Mellon University
email: sahil.bamba.luthra@gmail.com
Subject Author Posted

Interpreting effects of gPPI analysis

Sahil Luthra October 14, 2016 12:09PM

Re: Interpreting effects of gPPI analysis

Sahil Luthra October 24, 2016 09:16AM

Re: Interpreting effects of gPPI analysis