AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 25, 2016 05:18PM
You can theoretically take either betas or correlation coefficients to the group level (though in the case of the latter, you would probably want to z-score). As I understand it, it is more common to do group statistics over individual subject betas. See the bold text in Gang's post here: [afni.nimh.nih.gov]

Regarding the issue of understanding directionality, I've used the approach you describe (3dmaskave over a region, extracting betas in my case) and have interpreted positive vs. negative correlations on the basis of the sign of the fit coefficient. However, if you would prefer to do this with z-scored correlation coefficients, I don't personally see any reason you can't. Alternatively, you could consider running a direct comparison over two different PPI beta maps (e.g., run 3dttest++ on the beta maps for factor A vs. factor B).

Hope this helps! I've only recently run PPI analyses, so someone else please reply if this isn't accurate.
Subject Author Posted

Interpreting effects of gPPI analysis

Sahil Luthra October 14, 2016 12:09PM

Re: Interpreting effects of gPPI analysis

Sahil Luthra October 24, 2016 09:16AM

Re: Interpreting effects of gPPI analysis

zreagh October 25, 2016 05:18PM