AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 15, 2017 03:53PM
Hi all,

I am trying to create individual ROI masks for certain areas. For some areas, I am able to create the mask without any issues yet for other areas I cannot figure out why it will not create the mask.

I am successfully able to create the masks for the amygdala and insula with the following command:
whereami -mask_atlas_region TT_Daemon:left:amygdala \
-prefix Lamygdala

Then, for other regions, such as the nucleus accumbens and brodmann areas, I cannot get AFNI to create the masks despite using a similar command.

I am unsuccessful in creating masks for the nucleus accumbens and BA regions with the following commands:
whereami -mask_atlas_region TT_Daemon:left:nucleus accumbens \
-prefix LNAcc

whereami -mask_atlas_region TT_Daemon:left:Brodmann area 25 \
-prefix LBA25

These return areas asking to specify the cod (e.g. code 346 for left nucleus accumbens), and I try to put in the code provided for the region--yet I still receive errors. I have tried different variations of with and without spaces as well as capitalizations.

Would someone mind assisting me with the command for these regions that keep failing--the nucleus accumbens, Brodmann areas? Or, would someone point me to a resource to consult so that I can correctly specify the input/names for these regions?

Thanks so much, and I appreciate any help!!
Lauren
Subject Author Posted

Creating ROI Masks

kasoffl14 February 15, 2017 03:53PM

Re: Creating ROI Masks

Peter Molfese February 16, 2017 08:52AM

Re: Creating ROI Masks

kasoffl14 February 16, 2017 11:51AM