AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 19, 2017 07:37PM
Hi Gang,

Thanks for your reply. The reason to residualize all data (even the RTs) is to control potential confounds (such as session order). For instance, the two different treatment conditions (DD and PC) were given in either session 1 or 2 (was counterbalanced across subjects). Because the same task was given in two sessions, participants' RTs were generally lower in session 2 than 1 (irrespective of the treatment). So if RT somewhat differs across the sessions, I guess that would affect the distribution of RTs in each treatment condition (e.g., DD condition RT: generally high RTs from subjects had DD in session 1 but low RTs from subjects had DD in session 2). This is partly why I wanted to residualize RT as I would do for the brain data.

I also have tried with raw RT with and without covariates in the 3dLME, they look somewhat similar for some correlations that I checked.
But given the concern I have above, I thought I would have to control the factor somehow.

Best, Michelle
Subject Author Posted

Quantitative factor in LME (within-subjects conditions)

sjmich July 17, 2017 06:17PM

Re: Quantitative factor in LME (within-subjects conditions)

gang July 19, 2017 01:12AM

sjmich July 19, 2017 07:37PM

gang July 21, 2017 11:38AM

sjmich July 21, 2017 06:14PM

gang July 21, 2017 06:34PM