AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
ns
September 26, 2017 01:41PM
Sorry Rich - The attached graphs didn't show what I meant to show.
Attached find 1 image where I have selected one voxel in the visual cortex which had a positive BOLD change (img1.png). Regions with high positive correlations
(red/orange) are depicted in the left side of img1.png and show a positive BOLD waveform. BUT, in the thalamus, regions with positive correlation (red/orange) - the BOLD waveform shows a decreasing BOLD waveform (img2.png, right) , which seems as if it should show a negative (blue) correlation?
In the visual cortex, it works correctly: If I pick a red/orange region with high positive correlation
it shows a positive waveform (img2.png, left) and if I pick a region with blue blob, it shows a negative waveform (img2.png, right)

In all cases, I am looking at the correlation of the same, positive-going voxel with these regions.

So, my question is: Why is there a red/orange blob suggesting a positive correlation when the actual
waveform in that region shows a decreasing BOLD response when correlated with a voxel showing
an increasing BOLD response.
Attachments:
open | download - img1.png (366.6 KB)
open | download - img2.png (385.9 KB)
Subject Author Posted

InstaCorr and FIM Attachments

ns September 18, 2017 06:36PM

Re: InstaCorr and FIM

rick reynolds September 20, 2017 09:31AM

Re: InstaCorr and FIM Attachments

ns September 26, 2017 01:41PM