AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 18, 2018 12:31PM
Hmm, you should be able to:
+ 3dresample the individual volumes to the same "master" grid (-> assuming the "x, y, z" values are still correct in the oddly-gridded dsets):
3dresample -master DSET_ON_GOOD_GRID -prefix OUTPUT -input ODD_GRID_FILE

I don't know if you also want to do this, then, to combine all your masks, but:
if you want to combine all the ROIs into a map where the location of each has a separate integer (assuming they don't overlap):
+ 3dTcat the new volumes into a single 4D dataset:
3dTcat -prefix aaa.nii.gz  DSET1 DSET2 DSET3 DSET4 .....
+ Make a mask of where all the nonzero values are across all your dsets (this is not binary, but it will suffice):
3dTstat -abssum -prefix aaa_nonzero.nii.gz aaa.nii.gz
+ and then use 3dTstat again to make a map of the ROIs, where each voxel's value is the index+1 of the volume that is nonzero at that location:
3dTstat -argmax1 -prefix aaa_map_rois.nii.gz -mask aaa_nonzero.nii.gz aaa.nii.gz
That is, once you've concatenated the dsets, each ROI sits in a volume with index "i"; the above command will make a new dset whose value is "i+1" wherever an ROI exists. *If* your ROIs overlap, then this might *not* be the way to go, because you would likely want a better way to select which value gets assigned to a voxel than being later in the concatenated list.

-pt
Subject Author Posted

Adding sulci images

willsnyder June 18, 2018 11:15AM

Re: Adding sulci images

ptaylor June 18, 2018 12:31PM