AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 30, 2018 09:30PM
I would use @MakeLabelTable to do this, I think.

Also, what format are your ROIs in? Are they individual NIFTI files, each one a (binary) mask?

To be an "atlas", the basic process will be to make a single volume, where each ROI is made up of voxels of a different integer (they need not be consecutive 1...N). You can then associate a string label with each integer, if you would like.

It depends how much you really want to make an *atlas* specifically, vs how much you just want a volume of ROIs with labels attached.

For making an atlas *specifically*, you might want to see the documentation here, under the section "How to make an atlas for yourself":
[afni.nimh.nih.gov]

But to make a volume that is an ROI map for running 3dNetCorr, then I would just use @MakeLabelTable; how the ROIs get combined into a file depends on the format they are in now (see above question on that).

The 3dNetCorr documentation on its partial correlation is:
-part_corr       :output the partial correlation matrix. It is 
                      calculated from the inverse of regular Pearson
                      matrix, R, as follows: let M = R^{I} be in the inverse
                      of the Pearson cc matrix.  Then each element p_{ij} of
                      the partial correlation (PC) matrix is given as:
                      p_{ij} = -M_{ij}/sqrt( M_{ii} * M_{jj} ).
                      This will also calculate the PC-beta (PCB) matrix,
                      which is not symmetric, and whose values are given as:
                      b_{ij} = -M_{ij}/M_{ii}.
                      Use as you wish.  For both PC and PCB, the diagonals
                      should be uniformly (negative) unity.

--pt
Subject Author Posted

making an atlas from 360 nifti rois

msughrue October 30, 2018 07:10PM

Re: making an atlas from 360 nifti rois

ptaylor October 30, 2018 09:30PM

Re: making an atlas from 360 nifti rois