AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 20, 2019 11:45AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I am using 3dNwarpApply (from afni 18.1.26) to unwarp an EPI image and move to the space of structural scan via another structural scan .

my command looks like that :

3dNwarpApply -source myepi.nii.gz -prefix epi.REG2SWI.nii.gz \
-master myswi.nii.gz \
-nwarp " UNI2SWI.txt epi2UNI.txt 03_epi_MidWarped_Forward_WARP.nii.gz"

Given that all my EPIs have a partial coverage I found it much easier to do the registration with itksnap and then convert the affine to the afni format. So I

1) Unwarp my EPI with unWarpEPI.py and register it to the MP2RAGE
2) Register the SWI image to the MP2RAGE
3) I run 3dNwarpApply in order to avoid multiple interpolations

If I simply concatenate my two affines and use 3dAllineate the registration works (so I think all my affines are in the right format) and the final volume is not cropped.

When I use 3dNwarpApply in two (out of 10 subjects) the final volume is cropped.

Before the whole process starts I use @Align_Centers to move all my volumes to the center of the MP2RAGE.

I tried to use 3dZeroPad on the -master myswi.nii.gz, but the final volume is still cropped.

Am I doing something silly? I am surprised that I get this issue only in 2/10 subjects which makes it more difficult to understand what the problem might be,

Any help would be much appreciated,

Best Regards,

Marcello
Attachments:
open | download - test.jpg (111.1 KB)
Subject Author Posted

cropped volume with 3dNwarpApply Attachments

marven March 20, 2019 11:45AM

Re: cropped volume with 3dNwarpApply

Daniel Glen March 20, 2019 02:11PM

Re: cropped volume with 3dNwarpApply Attachments

marven March 21, 2019 11:17AM