AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 01, 2019 02:56PM
Hi-

This question was originally asked on an existing thread, and is really a specific question of its own. As such, it has been split into its own new topic.

Because it contained two separate "starting" points, I have also merged those here.

Hope that isn't confusing, but this should be clearer to follow as a single thread now, I think.

Thanks,
pt

--------------------------- original question/post --------------------------
Hi Rick,

I have a relevant question here. Actually, what I want to do is to nonlinearly-warp back the data from the standard space to individual native space. For example, I would like to obtain a set of masks (i.e., atlas) in each individual's native space. Those masks have been registered to a template in standard space. I used auto_warp.py to warp a subject's structural image to a template:

auto_warp.py -base template_t1.nii -input subject_t1.nii -skull_strip_input yes

Then, I consider using 3dNwarpApply with -iwarp option as follow:

3dNwarpApply -master subject_t1.nii -dxyz 2 -source atlas_masks.nii -iwarp -nwarp 'anat.un.aff.qw_WARP.nii anat.un.aff.nii.Xaff.1D' -ainterp NN -prefix atlas_native_space.nii

I am not sure if I understand option -iwarp correctly, but the result given by script above does not match the subject_t1 image. Actually, it is far away from the subject_t1 image. Could you help to take a look at if this script is the correct way to do this? If not, how can I achieve my goal (i.e., warp-back the masks from standard space to native space according to the nonlinear transformation of subject's t1 to the template)? Thanks!

Best,
Qiuhai
---------------------------------

To make my question clear: what I want to do is similar as a warp that we can do via affine transformation. For example: we can first register an individual's structural image to a template by using:

@auto_tlrc -base template+tlrc -input t1+orig -suffix _al

and then, inverse warp a set of masks from standard space back to the native space by using:

cat_matvec -ONELINE t1_al+tlrc::WARP_DATA > tlrc.aff12.1D
3dAllineate -1Dmatrix_apply tlrc.aff12.1D -source masks+tlrc -master t1+orig -prefix masks_in_native_space -final NN

But I would like to do this (both steps) via a nonlinear transformation approach. Is this possible? and any suggestions?

Many thanks!
Qiuhai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2019 11:19PM by ptaylor.
Subject Author Posted

Re: Nonlinear transform EPI data

qiuhai April 01, 2019 02:56PM

Peter Molfese April 01, 2019 03:51PM

qiuhai April 01, 2019 04:45PM

Re: Nonlinear transform EPI data Attachments

qiuhai April 02, 2019 01:12AM

qiuhai April 02, 2019 12:17PM