AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 22, 2019 08:46PM
Hi, Steph-

OK, that sounds like you are doing the correct things, and the output does sound a bit odd.

What does this mean: "Freesurfer annotation file with 300 parcels"? The map of target ROIs among which one wants to search for pairwise connections should be a file of integer values, and each ROI is defined as the set of voxels with a given integer. String labels can be attached to each ROI through a labeltable. Output things can have the string label used (e.g., if using the "-dump_rois .." option, which I often find useful), as well as in the output file of matrices (*.grid file).

And yes, the "-netrois ..." argument is used to provide the map of target ROIs.

In the *.grid file, there should be one integer label per ROI; also, there can be one string label per ROI (ROIs without other string labels just get a zero-padded version of their integer value as a string label). If there are more ROIs than you are expecting (and how are you counting these?), is it possible that the parc300.nii.gz file does *not* contain an integer at every voxel? Sometimes alignment/mapping without the nearest neighbor (NN) interpolation, for example, can result in that.

If you have Python and matplotlib on your computer, what does this produce?:
fat_mat_sel.py --matr_in '3dTrackID_prob_000.grid' --Pars 'FA'     \
            --A_plotmin=0.2 --B_plotmax=1 --dpi_file=200 -x 30
(It should be a large-ish matrix plot of FA values.)

I will also send you a PM with instructions on how you can upload data files and I can take a look at the *.grid output and the parc300.nii.gz file.

Also, part of your message appears to have been truncated-- if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask them.

--pt
Subject Author Posted

3dTrackID: .grid contains more ROIs than I entered

swinkelbei May 22, 2019 06:21PM

Re: 3dTrackID: .grid contains more ROIs than I entered

ptaylor May 22, 2019 08:46PM

Re: 3dTrackID: .grid contains more ROIs than I entered Attachments

swinkelbei May 23, 2019 05:48PM