AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 25, 2019 05:21AM
Hi Rick,

If I look at the time series of one of those runs without any preprocessing, when I pick one voxel within the brain sometimes it looks relatively fine (without spikes). But, if I pick a voxel near to de edge of the the signal it looks very similar to that motion parameter (see image as an example). I also attached a gif showing a video of the time series in which you will notice an abrupt and fast movement on axial view.

As you can see in the example there are some spikes and there is noticeable movement/displacement when we jump between these time points. Then, for some reason at the last abrupt movement the signal stays in the higher displacement without returning to the original position.

This situation happened in a few subjects in different experiment, but acquired with the same MRI machine.

Is it possible that the cause could be an issue in the MRI machine? or could it be an issue at the moment of estimating the motion parameters?
I would like to clarify that this occasionally happen, not always.

Thanks a lot,
Karel
Attachments:
open | download - run_7_time_series.jpg (279.5 KB)
open | download - run_7_jump_qc_onescl.axi.gif (222 KB)
Subject Author Posted

Strange motion parameter Attachments

Karelo September 24, 2019 12:12PM

Re: Strange motion parameter

rick reynolds September 24, 2019 01:57PM

Re: Strange motion parameter Attachments

Karelo September 25, 2019 05:21AM

rick reynolds September 25, 2019 08:39AM

Karelo September 25, 2019 12:06PM