AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 07, 2020 04:20PM
Hi, Clément-

Thanks for sending the data.

I don't think your alignment case calls for @animal_warper; you have basically 2 skullstripped dsets to align, after doing this:
# apply mask to F99
3dcalc \
   -a F99_with_skull_mask.nii.gz \
   -b F99_with_skull.nii.gz \
   -expr 'a*b*step(b)' \
   -prefix F99_SS.nii.gz \
   -short

so my thought would be to just use 3dQwarp directly, and apply the warp to the F99-atlas you have. So, I am running this command now (note use of lpa cost function, because the NMT and F99 have similar contrasts; I chose to run it just to level 9, which I expect to be fine):
# align F99 -> NMT
3dQwarp \
    -allineate \
    -lpa \
    -maxlev 9 \
    -source F99_SS.nii.gz \
    -base NMT_SS.nii.gz \
    -prefix F99_in_NMT.nii.gz \
    -inedge \
    -allineate_opts "-autoweight -source_automask"

When that finishes running, you can warp your atlas, which is in F99 space, to NMT space with:
# also use "-master .." so the new dset is on the NMT grid
3dNwarpApply   \
    -nwarp "F99_in_NMT_WARP.nii.gz" \
    -master NMT_SS.nii.gz  \
    -source RM_inF99_sp.nii.gz    \
    -prefix RM_inNMT.nii.gz   \
    -interp NN
*Note* that if the NL warp had been estimated with @SSwarper, I would have to provide *both* the WARP + *.aff12.1D matrix to be concatenated after "-nwarp .."; but 3dQwarp on its own puts the full NL warp (which already includes the affine part) into the WARP set--- the aff12.1D file is just for the first step alone.

... and the final alignment looks good-- attached is an image of the F99 warped in NMT space, overlaying the (edgified) NMT template.

--pt
Attachments:
open | download - f99_in_nmt_NL.png (317.7 KB)
Subject Author Posted

@animal_warper nmt macaque to F99

Doughboys May 06, 2020 02:08PM

Re: @animal_warper nmt macaque to F99

ptaylor May 06, 2020 02:31PM

Re: @animal_warper nmt macaque to F99

Doughboys May 06, 2020 03:03PM

Re: @animal_warper nmt macaque to F99 Attachments

ptaylor May 07, 2020 04:20PM