AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 27, 2021 02:58PM
I never received a response to this question and I'm still really confused about how to interpret the results. When I use a single hpow value in ETAC (0,1, or 2) for some contrasts, I do not get any significant clusters. However, when I use a combination of hpow values as in the command below, I do get significant voxels.

-ETAC_opt NN=2:sid=2:hpow=0,2:pthr=0.01/0.001/19:name=h1:fpr=5 -ETAC_opt NN=2:sid=2:hpow=2:pthr=0.01/0.001/19:name=h2:fpr=5

I've read the Etac paper and I can't wrap my head around why adding more comparisons (additional hpow values) would make some voxels pass the test when there were none that passed the test with a single hpow. I would greatly appreciate any help!
Subject Author Posted

hpow in ETAC

asali February 03, 2021 10:04AM

Re: hpow in ETAC

asali February 03, 2021 10:45AM

Re: hpow in ETAC

asali May 27, 2021 02:58PM