AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 07, 2021 07:57PM
Hello experts,

I am using AFNI to preprocess resting state data from the ADNI database. Prior to running the pipeline, I checked the orientation of each of my files that would be input to the proc.py script for each subject using the "3dinfo -oreint" command. I found that the T1 data was in LPI, resting state in RPI, and WM/vent masks generated in freesurfer were in RSP. Prior to running the proc.py scripts, I resampled the resting state data and the freesurfer data to be in LPI to match each other and the structural images. I proceeded to run the processing script in two ways:

1. Using the original data, in its original, non-resampled orientation
2. Using the LPI resampled data

Interestingly, when I ran the pipeline using the data that was not resampled, only a few subjects were flagged during the CHECK_FLIP portion of the script. This flip error went away when I used the LPI images as input.

However, an additional problem came up. When I ran the processing pipeline with the LPI resampled images, the script errored out for 10% of my sample with the following error:
3dpc -mask follow_ROI_FSvent+tlrc -pcsave 3 -prefix rm.ROIPC.FSvent.r01 rm.det_pcin_r01+tlrc
++ 3dpc: AFNI version=AFNI_19.2.01 (Jul 3 2019) [64-bit]
** FATAL ERROR: mask is all zeros!

It seems that when the LPI FSvent mask is eroded, no voxels survive but this does not occur with the RSP (non-resampled freesurfer images). Do you know why this would be? Additionally, would you recommend that I resample the images to be in LPI prior to running proc.py or to keep the resting state images and freeesurfer masks in their original orientation?

I really appreciate your help!
Jenna
Subject Author Posted

Orientation of input image files to proc.py

jkblujus March 07, 2021 07:57PM

Re: Orientation of input image files to proc.py

ptaylor March 08, 2021 12:08PM

Re: Orientation of input image files to proc.py

jkblujus March 08, 2021 04:17PM

Re: Orientation of input image files to proc.py Attachments

ptaylor March 09, 2021 05:10PM