History of AFNI updates  

|
March 31, 2021 07:01AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I hope everyone is well! I have a (hopefully quick) question about the output of 3dGroupInCorr.

I ran:

cd "$deriv_dir" # change directory to where pre-processed files are

# define prefix
out_GroupInCorr=FC_task-"$task"_wholebrain_pearson

# set up FC
3dSetupGroupInCorr -mask $code_dir/$epi_mask_rest -prefix "$FC_dir"/$out_GroupInCorr -byte ./sub-*/func/*_task-"$task"_desc-fullpreproc_bold.nii.gz

cd "$FC_dir"
3dGroupInCorr -setA "$FC_dir"/$out_GroupInCorr.grpincorr.niml -verb -batch MASKAVE "$code_dir"/seeds_MMC

This creates an output file for each of my seeds (seedFC_*+trlc.) with 2 sub-bricks #0 FC_task-rest_mean and #1 FC_task-rest_Zscr.

Is it correct that what is shown in the 0th sub-brick shows the mean of arctanh(correlation)?

If so, is it correct to run the code below to create a #2 sub-brick containing the actual correlation values to use for, e.g. thresholding?

for (( r=0; r<${num_seeds}; r++)); do

echo "${seeds[$r]}"

# 0th sub brick shows mean of arctanh(correlation)
    # 1st sub brick shows Z score of t-statistic for above mean

3dcopy ${seeds[$r]}+tlrc all_${seeds[$r]}+tlrc

# compute actual correlation values
    3dcalc -a all_${seeds[$r]}+tlrc[0] -expr 'tanh(a)' -prefix corr_${seeds[$r]}

# append volume
    3dTcat all_${seeds[$r]}+tlrc -glueto corr_${seeds[$r]}+tlrc

done

The volume corr_seedFC_*+trlc then has three sub-bricks as output (#0 FC_task-rest_mean #1 FC_task-rest_Zscr #2 FC_task-rest_mean. This is the output of 3dinfo for each sub-brick:

3dinfo -dmin -dmax corr_seedFC_*[0]
-0.155135| 1.77568|
3dinfo -dmin -dmax corr_seedFC_*[1]
-8.48432| 13|
3dinfo -dmin -dmax corr_seedFC_*[2]
-0.153903| 0.944229|

Is it hence correct that they show the mean of arctanh(correlation), the Z score of t-statistic of the mean, and the mean of correlation respectively? I just want to make sure that I did not mess up my data before thresholding the maps based on the correlation maps.

Your insight is as always highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Stef
Subject Author Posted

Output of 3dGroupInCorr

s.meliss March 31, 2021 07:01AM

Re: Output of 3dGroupInCorr

RWCox April 01, 2021 11:35AM

Re: Output of 3dGroupInCorr

s.meliss May 11, 2021 05:03AM