AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 13, 2021 03:49PM
Hi All,

I am analysing some minimally preprocessed resting state data from the human connectome project and need some pointers. I have attached a file that shows the different files available for subject. This data has been spatially normalized to the MNI space and minimally preprocessed. Looks like I have the motion corrected data and the motion parameters.

I need to apply detrending, band-pass filtering, despiking and motion scrubbing to this data. As you can see from the screenshot, the motion parameters have been estimated. The motion parameters are output in a twelve column text file with the following format: <x translation in mm> <y translation in mm> <z translation in mm> <x rotation in degrees> <y rotation in degrees> <z rotation in degrees> <derivative ofĂ—translation> <derivative of y translation> <derivative of z translation> <derivative ofĂ—rotation> <derivative of y rotation> <derivative of z rotation>. A demeaned and linearly detrended motion parameter file is provided as well for nuisance regression.

I am looking at 3Dbandpass and 3DTproject to do the above steps - detrending, band-pass filtering, despiking and motion scrubbing.

1) Is the order of processing steps correct ?

2) How can I estimate what needs to be scrubbed ? Which programs can I use to decide which points to scrub ?

Please let me know.

Thanks a lot

Rito
Attachments:
open | download - HCPrestingstate.png (159.7 KB)
Subject Author Posted

question about analysing preprocessed HCP data Attachments

Rito September 13, 2021 03:49PM

Reposting this query Re: question about analysing preprocessed HCP data

Rito September 15, 2021 09:14AM

Re: Reposting this query Re: question about analysing preprocessed HCP data

Daniel Glen September 15, 2021 10:01AM

Rito September 15, 2021 10:48AM

rick reynolds September 20, 2021 03:33PM