AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 21, 2021 09:36AM
Hello! I would like to make sure I am understanding the default settings of 3dTshift correctly. I'm working with data that I have run through fmriprep so that tzero is not set to 0 as in afni_proc.py. Based on some other posts on this board, I believed I needed to subtract ~1/2 TR from my onset times to make the model in 3dDeconvolve reflect the slice time corrected data. It was my understanding that 3dTshift temporally aligns the data to the average of the slice times, which in my case is ~970 ms.

I just discovered this blog post that instead says that AFNi users should add ~1/2 TR to onset times if preprocessing is done with fmriprep: [reproducibility.stanford.edu]

If I have a TR of 2 seconds and my original volumes are 0, 2, 4, 6, . . . seconds, after 3dTshift, they become approximately 1, 3, 5, 7 . . . right? In that case, shouldn't an event that happened at 6 seconds after the start of my run actually be coded as 5 seconds in the model to account for the first volume moving forward by ~1 second? It seems to me that adding ~1/2 TR would instead move the starting point of the run backward in time, but I might be misunderstanding something fundamental here.

As always, thanks for the advice!
Anthony
Subject Author Posted

3dTshift tzero clarification

asali September 21, 2021 09:36AM

Re: 3dTshift tzero clarification

Peter Molfese September 21, 2021 10:54AM

rick reynolds September 21, 2021 02:28PM

asali October 11, 2021 02:18PM