AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 10, 2021 08:21PM
Hello!

When running 3dmvm with the -resid option having a large dataset (somehwere over 1500 subjects when having about 125 GB of RAM) it crashed due to memory error. I think it's R that complains, I saw a smilar post here that said it was memory issues.

The stats are generated but not the residuals, so I am fairly sure that it's the -resid part that crashes.

Would it be reasonable to make a separate directory called residuals and run 3dmvm twice with the table split in half, to generate residuals form the top and bottom half of the table and then average the two residuals volumes and feed it into 3dFWHMx?

Othwerwise I don't think I can get the residuals. Running 3dFWHMx on each input file and average across subjects does in the end not yeild the same afc-parameters as if you do 3dMVM -resid. I confirmed this with a smaller sample. Since we are looking at structural maps (not the errts from fMRI data) it is important that we get the reisudals from mvm.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2021 05:45AM by Robin.
Subject Author Posted

3dMVM -resid: Split up?

Robin October 10, 2021 08:21PM

Re: 3dMVM -resid: Split up?

gang October 11, 2021 05:37PM