AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 05, 2021 06:27AM
Hi Rick,

I uninstalled and reinstalled AFNI a couple of times now. The current status of the problem is as follows.

The command line "export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=${DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/opt/X11/lib/flat_namespace" is added in my ".zshrc" file.

The message output by afni_system_check.py -check_all "please set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /opt/X11/lib/flat_namespace" only appears when using the Zsh shell. If I switch to tcsh, this message does no longer occur when doing the system check.

I also uninstalled the newest R version and switched back to 3.6.3. When I now run "rPkgsInstall -pkgs ALL" the error "load R_io.so" does no longer occur. Instead, the terminal starts to download the updates. Many "warnings" occur while the files are downloaded, but I believe thats due to the fact that I am not using the up-to-date version of R (it is a really long list of warnings, if its helpfull to post it there, let me know). These warnings occur both when running "rPkgsInstall -pkgs ALL" under the tcsh and zsh shell.

The download and installation of "rPkgsInstall -pkgs ALL" then ends with the following message output:

++ Note: @ 11:13:31
This package has been installed on the computer: afex

Warnmeldungen (warning messages):
1: In install.packages(pkgs_miss, dep = TRUE, repos = site) :
installation of package ‘quantreg’ had non-zero exit status
2: In install.packages(pkgs_miss, dep = TRUE, repos = site) :
installation of package ‘glmmTMB’ had non-zero exit status
3: In install.packages(pkgs_miss, dep = TRUE, repos = site) :
installation of package ‘car’ had non-zero exit status
4: In install.packages(pkgs_miss, dep = TRUE, repos = site) :
installation of package ‘afex’ had non-zero exit status

Now what is interesting is the following fact:
This is the output of AFNIs system check while running the Zsh shell (my favorite shell).

========================= summary, please fix: =========================
* just be aware: login shell 'zsh', but our code examples use 'tcsh'
* missing R packages (see rPkgsInstall)
* insufficient data for AFNI bootcamp
* please set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /opt/X11/lib/flat_namespace

And this is the output when running the tcsh shell.
========================= summary, please fix: =========================
* just be aware: login shell 'zsh', but our code examples use 'tcsh'
* missing R packages (see rPkgsInstall)
* insufficient data for AFNI bootcamp

These summaries appear after I ran "rPkgsInstall -pkgs ALL". There was another topic here where someone had a similiar problem and you wrote that the message "please set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /opt/X11/lib/flat_namespace" under zsh might just be a bug while running zsh, but that in fact everything is ok. Even if that would be the case, we would still face the problem with the missing R packages (or could that be a bug too?).

Let's sum it up:
- The problem with the "R_io.so" file seems solved.
- The message to incldue the DYLD_LIBRARY path might be a bug related to the usage of zsh.
- What would be your idea to solve the problem with the missing R packages? Are there some other files required for AFNI that might be missing on my computer?

rick reynolds Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Philipp,
>
> If you really want to use the R packages on that
> mac, it might be necessary to compile AFNI
> locally, which might take some work (the homebrew
> dependencies seem to be a bit of a moving target
> right now). Is that something that you would like
> to consider? Otherwise, is installing 3.6 an
> option?
>
> - rick

I am not sure if my knowledge would allow me to do those changes in AFNI and on my computer. But is that option off the table since I already switched to R 3.6.3 anyway? Please let me know if you have another idea on the "missing R packages (see rPkgsInstall)" output by AFNIs system check, or if you think that this problem is directly related to what you just explained and asked me above, so that I have to compile AFNI locally, whatever this means in detail.

Thanks,
Philipp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2021 06:40AM by Philipp.
Subject Author Posted

Re: Failed to load R_io.so

Philipp November 01, 2021 03:57AM

rick reynolds November 04, 2021 09:24PM

Philipp November 05, 2021 06:27AM

gang November 05, 2021 11:21AM