AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 17, 2021 03:57PM
Hi Gang,

I will try to explain my question more precisely.

1. I measured/calculated the Power-Law Exponent and the Mean Frequency of fMRI runs.
2. Then, I calculated their correlation via 3dTcorrelate. As you know and already stated, the output of 3dTcorrelate is the correlation for every voxel in the brain, i.e., on a voxel-wise level.
3. I used different ROIs to calculate the average correlation of the two variables above (per ROI). What I consequently get is one correlation value per ROI.

Now I would like to check if the correlation value between two ROIs (e.g. ROI1: r=0.74334; ROI2: r=0,79322323) significantly differs or not. I think that this basically sums up my question. I was wondering if there is an appropriate way to calculate this in AFNI, or if that approach might already be ill-posed statistically speaking, leaving AFNI aside.

Philipp
Subject Author Posted

Comparison between correlations and 3dttest++

Philipp November 16, 2021 05:25PM

Re: Comparison between correlations and 3dttest++

gang November 17, 2021 08:16AM

Philipp November 17, 2021 03:57PM

gang November 18, 2021 08:50AM