AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 31, 2022 05:59PM
Thanks Rick! That answered all my questions at once!!

I am trying to replicate the AM results a collegue did in SPM since the other fMRI-tasks has been analyzed in AFNI we want to keep it concistent in the paper.

I am no SPM person and I assume you guys don't know it super well either(?). So regarding the durations: I was told it was an event design, and you just tell SPM that. I am trying to figure out what that means in terms of duration. I found this which has this segment:
SPM
In SPM8, all conditions are specified in
terms of their 1) onsets and 2) durations
... epochs: variable or constant duration
... events: zero duration

What happens if I set the duration to zero in AFNI? What would be the corresponding way of doing it? Or I can prope my collegue for more information regarding the actual durations. She used the SPM event design option (this is why I like AFNI).

If I do change from the dmBLOCK way of making stim-files and use e.g. BLOCK(0.6,1), will that make a difference? Given I would use the same duration in the stimfile :0.6 as in BLOCK(0.6,1)? If there is no difference it would not be worth chaning the files =)
Subject Author Posted

afniproc for amplitude modulation

Robin January 26, 2022 04:16AM

Re: afniproc for amplitude modulation

Robin January 31, 2022 06:52AM

rick reynolds January 31, 2022 10:59AM

Robin January 31, 2022 05:59PM

rick reynolds January 31, 2022 07:55PM