AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 02, 2022 01:44PM
Dear all,

I ran SS Warper over a dataset of 21 subjects. The results are perfect, except for two subjects. Lets call them subject 1 and 2.

- Subject 1: in the quality control images of the file the whole head (skull plus brain) looks totally deformed after running SS Warper. Then, I ran skullstripping again but with adding "-deoblique" first, and "-deoblique_refitly" in a third try. Those two additional steps did also not yield better results. The images I added actually stem from the third try, but the results look like that for all skullstripping attempts.

- Subject 2: the result looks very noisy. I realized that the raw data of this subject also has this noisy "flickering" effect. Is there a way to reduce this effect in AFNI? I am afraid that this effect leads to meaningless results in further computations concerning brain data.

Here is my script for skullstripping:

for subject in Subject1 Subject2 ...
do
directory_raw=/volumes/SanDisk/fmri/Dataset_2/Raw/$subject
directory_sswarper=/volumes/SanDisk/fmri/Dataset_2/Processed/SSWarper/$subject
@SSwarper \
-input $directory_raw/anat1to3d+orig \
-base MNI152_2009_template_SSW.nii.gz \
-deoblique_refitly \ # added for the problematic subject1)
-giant_move \
-subid $subject \
-odir $directory_sswarper
done

The first two pictures are from subject 1. The third picture is from subject 2. The picture preview looks messy; please just open them via right click and open in a new tab to take a proper look at them.

Philipp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2022 01:45PM by Philipp.
Subject Author Posted

SS Warper - Skull stripping shows deformed results

Philipp February 02, 2022 01:44PM

Re: SS Warper - Skull stripping shows deformed results

Philipp February 03, 2022 07:06AM