History of AFNI updates  

|
February 02, 2022 01:44PM
Dear all,

I ran SS Warper over a dataset of 21 subjects. The results are perfect, except for two subjects. Lets call them subject 1 and 2.

- Subject 1: in the quality control images of the file the whole head (skull plus brain) looks totally deformed after running SS Warper. Then, I ran skullstripping again but with adding "-deoblique" first, and "-deoblique_refitly" in a third try. Those two additional steps did also not yield better results. The images I added actually stem from the third try, but the results look like that for all skullstripping attempts.

- Subject 2: the result looks very noisy. I realized that the raw data of this subject also has this noisy "flickering" effect. Is there a way to reduce this effect in AFNI? I am afraid that this effect leads to meaningless results in further computations concerning brain data.

Here is my script for skullstripping:

for subject in Subject1 Subject2 ...
do
directory_raw=/volumes/SanDisk/fmri/Dataset_2/Raw/$subject
directory_sswarper=/volumes/SanDisk/fmri/Dataset_2/Processed/SSWarper/$subject
@SSwarper \
-input $directory_raw/anat1to3d+orig \
-base MNI152_2009_template_SSW.nii.gz \
-deoblique_refitly \ # added for the problematic subject1)
-giant_move \
-subid $subject \
-odir $directory_sswarper
done

The first two pictures are from subject 1. The third picture is from subject 2. The picture preview looks messy; please just open them via right click and open in a new tab to take a proper look at them.

Philipp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2022 01:45PM by Philipp.
Subject Author Posted

SS Warper - Skull stripping shows deformed results

Philipp February 02, 2022 01:44PM

Re: SS Warper - Skull stripping shows deformed results

Philipp February 03, 2022 07:06AM