AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 21, 2022 03:57PM
Hi Tessa,

After looking at this in some detail, while still a bit confusing, it seems that the apparent full-volume stats are coming from inclusion of the compcor regressors. If those terms are not included in the model, the results look more as expected (though I do not know exactly what to expect from your analysis).

Getting the proper AM stim types and such would be good, but I do not think that really affected anything (except that the requested contrasts are surely not what you want).

Anyway, I think the strange results have something to do with a global signal type of regression (where the compcor components have task signal included).
But it is still very strange to get such a strong result across the entire volume. I can imagine how that might happen, but it seems so unlikely...

Try re-running your analysis without them included, and see how it looks.

- rick
Subject Author Posted

Parametric Modulation with fMRIPREP- odd #0 contrast results

tessaclarkson July 11, 2022 02:29PM

Re: Parametric Modulation with fMRIPREP- odd #0 contrast results

tessaclarkson July 18, 2022 05:36PM

rick reynolds July 18, 2022 05:56PM

rick reynolds July 21, 2022 03:57PM

rick reynolds July 27, 2022 12:45PM