AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 03, 2023 02:37PM
Hi, Megan-

Re. #1: I think that is actaully the vstat block you are looking at and referring to (not the va2t) here, right? I will assume so in replying...
And indeed, the patterns observed here will vary depending on the task/stimulus and modeling. In the example you refer to, there was a very strong audio and visual task presented as a block design with many blocks---we would expect large F-stat then in the temporal lobe and visual cortex, because of both the nature of the task and the relatively simple block design (20 s blocks). In more modern cases, particularly with event related tasks and more complicated designs with fewer regressors per stim class we might expect lower F-stats in many cases. There is some notable visual cortex with high F-stat in your image though, I believe?
And yes, in many cases, you might also expect to see more regions outside the brain, again depending on the task and paradigm. Seeing the eyeballs can also be common, as blinking might be associated with visual stimulus changes.

Re. #2) Hmm, I wonder if there is an issue with the Python setup on your system, since it sounds like the Python-plotting files are not present. The requirement should basically just be having Python (either 2.7 or 3.*) with Matplotlib ver>=2.2.3. What is the output of this on your computer:
afni_system_check.py -check_all
?
Also, there is a log of the terminal output of creating the APQC HTML in your afni_proc.py-produced results directory, called out.review_html. I will send you a messge through the interface here with my email address, if you wouldn't mind sending me that (which should also suggest/pinpoint what is happening).

--pt
Subject Author Posted

Index.html- va2t and mot questions Attachments

tue50988 January 03, 2023 10:07AM

Re: Index.html- va2t and mot questions

ptaylor January 03, 2023 02:37PM

tue50988 January 04, 2023 09:16AM

ptaylor January 04, 2023 09:42AM