AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 14, 2023 11:07AM
A few recommendations:

1. Use @SSwarper instead of @auto_tlrc. It will compute a transformation to an updated version, MNI152_2009_template_SSW.nii.gz (2009c asymmetric) of the MNI template using both an affine and a nonlinear alignment, and it will skullstrip the data too. The output can be used easily with afni_proc.py for an FMRI pipeline.
2. Use the MNI152_2009c template (MNI152_2009_template.nii.gz) with @auto_tlrc. The original MNI-152 template is very blurry, and that seems to cause some problems getting a good alignment.
3. auto_warp.py - includes the nonlinear alignment, and it calls @auto_tlrc. Again with the MNI 2009c asymmetric in our distribution.

I would give priority to the first choice which is pretty robust to lots of different kinds of data. If you really want to make this work with @auto_tlrc and the original MNI152 with your data, I would need a copy of some example data, and I can look into it.
Subject Author Posted

@auto_tlrc Not Automatically Applying "-xform"

brainboi January 19, 2023 01:49PM

Re: @auto_tlrc Not Automatically Applying "-xform"

ptaylor January 19, 2023 04:08PM

Re: @auto_tlrc Not Automatically Applying "-xform" Attachments

brainboi January 20, 2023 02:32AM

brainboi February 11, 2023 07:54PM

Daniel Glen February 14, 2023 11:07AM