AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 15, 2023 10:36AM
Dear AFNI team,

Apologies if this is a silly question, I have not used AFNI before.

I would like to register a native space T1w macaque image to the D99 v2 atlas using the @animal_warper function. However, it seems that the D99_template.nii.gz is in a different space to the D99_atlas_v2.0.nii.gz. I have probably misunderstood but I was under the impression that @animal_warper uses the template image for registration with a native T1w, and then applies this transformation to the atlas image. I have run it nonetheless (command pasted below) and the atlas results actually seem okay at first glance, however I did notice that the old atlas and the macaque tutorial have the templates and atlas in the same space. Therefore I am wondering if this is making the script work harder than it needs to/ could affect the precision of the results?

The command I have run is:

@animal_warper -input my_T1.nii.gz -base ../Monkey_brains/D99_v2.0_dist/D99_template.nii.gz -atlas ../Monkey_brains/D99_v2.0_dist/D99_atlas_v2.0.nii.gz -outdir test_dir

Many thanks!
Sam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2023 10:43AM by El_suri.
Subject Author Posted

D99 atlas registration

El_suri February 15, 2023 10:36AM

Re: D99 atlas registration

ptaylor February 15, 2023 11:16AM

Re: D99 atlas registration Attachments

El_suri February 16, 2023 08:30AM