AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 21, 2023 02:16PM
Hi, Jef-

OK, we can look into this. It may be the initial overlap is not very good, and/or that the tissue contrast or level of detail is mismatched.

A couple background questions:
A) Your input dataset already been warped once? I'm guessing this by the filename. I'm a little curious why there might be multiple warps/alignments? That might be fine, but each regridding can blur the data a bit and then one might use other considerations to concatenate data.
B) Is your input a T1w anatomical? It is a little hard to tell from the image; there isn't a lot of structure that is discernible, and I can't tell whether that is due to the warp or to original dset properties.
C) What is the purpose of this alignment? Is it part of EPI/FMRI processing? That might affect the use choices, and maybe recommendation of a better tool to perform this step.
D) Is there any reason not to use full nonlinear alignment to template space? That is usually much preferred to auto_tlrc, which is only affine alignment---the level of detail matching will necessarily and generally be lower. We might recommend using @SSwarper, for example, to perform both nonlinear alignment to the template with skullstripping of the anatomical simultaneously.

--pt
Subject Author Posted

incorrect tlrc correction Attachments

jwest March 21, 2023 10:20AM

Re: incorrect tlrc correction

ptaylor March 21, 2023 02:16PM

jwest March 22, 2023 01:09PM

ptaylor March 23, 2023 09:25AM