AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 22, 2023 01:09PM
thank you for your reply

I am inputting a T1 anatomical image and 1 run of epi data. I am preprocessing the data without any timing vectors at this point. However, during this, the data is reported as being oblique. So prior to entering the T1 into the uber_subject.py script I am performing a 3dWarp -deoblique correction, then entering in the 3dWarp.HEAD in the script. And for the epi data I am performing a 3dTshift, then using the 3dTshift.HEAD file and performing a 3dWarp -deoblique correction. Then entering the 3dWarp.HEAD file in the script.

Both the tcat and the tshift images being in original view are correct, However, the volreg image being in Talairach View is severely skewed as per the attached image. And the skewing error is only occur on about 30% of the subjects. At this point, i have looked at 49 subjects and about 18 are skewed and the others are correct. Same task and same scanner protocol.

I notice yesterday that the rmepivolreg (original view) is good and the rmepinomask image (Talairach view) is skewed. I looked at these images as the data was being populated just trying to see where in the script the error skewing the data is occurring.

So that is the background and I think it helps clears up some of your questions.

the question regarding the nonlinear alignment to template space, I am not sure to what that is referring. My experience with afni is the andys brain book tutorial and now this data. So I apologize for my lack of experience, and will greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

thank you

jef
Subject Author Posted

incorrect tlrc correction Attachments

jwest March 21, 2023 10:20AM

Re: incorrect tlrc correction

ptaylor March 21, 2023 02:16PM

jwest March 22, 2023 01:09PM

ptaylor March 23, 2023 09:25AM