History of AFNI updates  

|
March 25, 2023 06:52AM
Dear all,

I would like to extract all regions of the auditory cortex from the HCP Glasser 360 atlas that is already contained in AFNI, that is, from the file "MNI_Glasser_HCP_v1.0.nii.gz" in AFNI’s abin folder. I am refering to all red colored regions in the Figure on the right here: [balsa.wustl.edu]

In their paper, Glasser et al. included the following regions for the early auditory cortex: "A1, LBelt (Lateral Belt), MBelt (Medial Belt), PBelt (Para-Belt), and the retro-insular cortex (RI)".

Paradigmatically, the script below extracts the left and right primary auditory cortex.
for roi in L_Primary_Auditory_Cortex R_Primary_Auditory_Cortex
do
3dcalc \
-a MNI_Glasser_HCP_v1.0.nii"<$roi>" \
-expr 'step(a)' \
-prefix Glasser_360_$ROI.nii
done

Now comes my AFNI related question: in the AFNI GUI, I can right click on the brain and select "where am I" to open a new window. This new window then shows me how the regions are really called in the "MNI_Glasser_HCP_v1.0.nii.gz" file, such as " L_Primary_Auditory_Cortex" for the left primary auditory cortex.

But isn't there an easier way, such as a list, that would show me all regions of the atlas and how they are called in the "MNI_Glasser_HCP_v1.0.nii.gz" file?
I found all regions listed above via "where am I". My question is really about if there is an easier way to do the same job in the future, e.g., with a different atlas, than manually searching the AFNI coded region names via where am I.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2023 07:05AM by Philipp.
Subject Author Posted

HCP Glasser 360 Atlas: Region extraction in AFNI

Philipp March 25, 2023 06:52AM

Re: HCP Glasser 360 Atlas: Region extraction in AFNI

ptaylor March 25, 2023 08:02AM

Philipp March 25, 2023 09:29AM

Daniel Glen March 27, 2023 11:33AM

Philipp March 27, 2023 02:36PM