AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 05, 2002 05:23PM
Hello,
I recently ran a scan where we performed a task to determine a subject specific hrf for a particular region of interest. The design of the task was stimulus on for 1 sec, then a baseline (do nothing) task for 40 seconds, repeated several times. I took the data after preprocessing steps and ran a simple regression using 3dDeconvolve with multiple lag shifts, and with a 1s 0s file that had been convolved with a generic waver function. There were some clear areas of activation, but I would like to be able to model a future task a little better. So, what I would like to do now is use the estimated IRF of those areas as a subject specific IRF that I can convolve with the 1s and 0s file for another task involving the same ROI. What is the best way to go about this?
I've looked into using the -iresp option for 3dDeconvolve and taking the estimated IRF it produces and write out the regions of activations to a .1D file. I'm wondering if it's legitimate to use that .1D file with 3dConvolve to convolve that estimated IRF with my 1s 0s file to create a stim_file for the other task I was referring to. Any help you can offer would be great. Thanks.

DAvid
Subject Author Posted

Convolving an IRF with a reference function

David Ludlow December 05, 2002 05:23PM