AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 10, 2003 05:33PM
Hello all:

I am having trouble with the changes to the C code behind the dataset Rescan button in the AFNI viewer. Basically, as you pointed out in latent news January 15th, when I launch afni, delete then recreate files, then press the rescan button I am having trouble. Specifically, although some parts of the newly re-created files load ( I can see the function) it does not seem to rescan the fact that the re-created file has a different range of values and adjust the define function ranges accordingly.

Additionally, I do not think it is very bizarre to delete, recreate, then rescan within afni as this is what I frequently do when I realize upon seeing (or not seeing) the results in afni, that I have created the file incorrectly. Therefore, I delete the bad file, recreate it correctly, then want to view it without having to restart afni.

I am hoping that this is a bug, because for those of us who have alot of afni "setup" (i.e. like to set up differently than the defaults) restarting is a hassle. Also, if your are viewing data remotely (DSL/cable modem/Xwidows emulator) it can take almost 2 minutes for afni to open. I am aware of your new code that allows you to automatically set the defaults for afni.

I would also like to thank you for the code that allows point and click viewing of the functional value of a voxel with only ONE view open.

thank you,

Christine

Subject Author Posted

Jan 15th changes to C code behind the dataset Rescan buttons

Christine Smith February 10, 2003 05:33PM

Re: Jan 15th changes to C code behind the dataset Rescan buttons

bob cox February 11, 2003 09:03AM

Re: Jan 15th changes to C code behind the dataset Rescan buttons

bob cox February 11, 2003 09:09AM