History of AFNI updates  

|
February 10, 2003 05:33PM
Hello all:

I am having trouble with the changes to the C code behind the dataset Rescan button in the AFNI viewer. Basically, as you pointed out in latent news January 15th, when I launch afni, delete then recreate files, then press the rescan button I am having trouble. Specifically, although some parts of the newly re-created files load ( I can see the function) it does not seem to rescan the fact that the re-created file has a different range of values and adjust the define function ranges accordingly.

Additionally, I do not think it is very bizarre to delete, recreate, then rescan within afni as this is what I frequently do when I realize upon seeing (or not seeing) the results in afni, that I have created the file incorrectly. Therefore, I delete the bad file, recreate it correctly, then want to view it without having to restart afni.

I am hoping that this is a bug, because for those of us who have alot of afni "setup" (i.e. like to set up differently than the defaults) restarting is a hassle. Also, if your are viewing data remotely (DSL/cable modem/Xwidows emulator) it can take almost 2 minutes for afni to open. I am aware of your new code that allows you to automatically set the defaults for afni.

I would also like to thank you for the code that allows point and click viewing of the functional value of a voxel with only ONE view open.

thank you,

Christine

Subject Author Posted

Jan 15th changes to C code behind the dataset Rescan buttons

Christine Smith February 10, 2003 05:33PM

Re: Jan 15th changes to C code behind the dataset Rescan buttons

bob cox February 11, 2003 09:03AM

Re: Jan 15th changes to C code behind the dataset Rescan buttons

bob cox February 11, 2003 09:09AM