AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 22, 2003 09:01AM
I didn't write the Fourier stuff (that was Tom Ross, now of NIDA), but looking at the code, I don't see any builtin time series length limits. However, you could be running out of memory - the program has to store both the input dataset and the output dataset in RAM. When 3dFourier fails, do you get an error message?

If memory is the problem, you could split the dataset into 2 (or more pieces) in space using 3dZcutup, then filter each piece separately, then glue the results back together with 3dZcat, then delete the intermediate datasets. This would be a pain, I acknowledge, but could be automated in a script fairly easily.

bob cox
Subject Author Posted

Fourier and stuff plugin

David Ludlow April 21, 2003 02:10PM

Re: Fourier and stuff plugin

bob cox April 22, 2003 09:01AM