AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
zorkon the magnificent
May 03, 2003 10:20AM
Without knowing the details, I can only guess at why your "image has been shifted down quite a bit". My guess is that the original data+orig dataset was not centered in the I-S direction, and that fact was recorded in the AFNI data+orig.HEAD file. However, the ANALYZE format does not provide a place to record volume offsets. When you read the data back into to3d, you didn't specify the slice offset on the command line, so to3d assumed that the dataset was centered in all 3 axes. For the in-slice axes, that is usually correct or very close to correct, but for the through-slice axis (I-S for axial slices), this assumption is usually not correct. But without further information, that's all that to3d can do.

The simplest way to fix that problem would be to use to3d with the "-geomparent data+orig" flag. This would tell the program to read the geometrical information (including slice offset) from the "data+orig" dataset, and then the new dataset would have lie in the same spatial location as the old one.

bob cox
Subject Author Posted

3dAFNItoANALYZE and to3d

Kevin April 30, 2003 03:43PM

Re: 3dAFNItoANALYZE and to3d

zorkon the magnificent May 03, 2003 10:20AM