AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Ziad Saad
September 16, 2003 04:59PM
Hello Keith,

There are easy ways to create phase and correlation maps with AFNI. The program 3ddelay (and its plugin version) was designed to do just that. The algorithm uses the Hilbert Transform of the cross-correlation function to determine the delay between a reference time series (modeling the stimulus) and each voxel's response. For each voxel, you'll get 4 parameters, delay, covariance, correlation coefficient and variance. The delay is the same as phase if your stimulus is made up of one (or mostly one) sinusoid, the covariance is a measure of the response's amplitude and the correlation coefficient can be used to determine the significance of activation. A lot more detail can be obtained with the -help option which also cites literature references on the algorithm and on delay estimation in FMRI.

If you prefer to use your own methods, you could import your matlab results to AFNI using AFNI's matlab library found here: [afni.nimh.nih.gov]

At this point I should mention that I wrote most of the tools I have just shamelessly promoted above.

cheers,
Ziad
Subject Author Posted

analyzing retinotopy data

Keith Schneider September 16, 2003 03:10PM

Re: analyzing retinotopy data

Peggy Christidis September 16, 2003 04:28PM

Re: analyzing retinotopy data

Ziad Saad September 16, 2003 04:59PM