AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 19, 2003 03:32PM
Thanks. The options you are planning to add make sense. Looks like I may not even
need to write the fillin script, because when the grid_parent and the anat volume are
aligned correctly, I get values for all the nodes. The were not alighned properly in the previous case.

I have a separate question about 3dVol2Surf, if you will. 3dVol2Surf works with
two surfaces (say whitematter and pial). It uses line segments between the nodes
on one surface and the corresponding nodes on the another surface. I was wondering how these line segments compare to surface normals on the inner surface. I am pretty new at this, but I have noticed that white matter and gray matter do not always follow each other cleanly. Sometimes you get chunks of gray matter tha do not clearly surround any white matter. I am guessing that in these situations, the line segments will not be the
same as surface normals, but in most other cases they will be the same. Is this true?
They have a program called mri_vol2surf with FreeSurfer, as you probably know. It works with surface normals whose height is adjusted by the gray matter thickness at that point. Do you think mri_vol2surf and 3dVol2Surf would give the same results (although 3dVol2Surf seems much more flexible in terms of what you can do with the line segments)? Thanks.
Subject Author Posted

3dVol2Surf - out of bounds points

Rutvik Desai September 18, 2003 04:46PM

Re: 3dVol2Surf - out of bounds points

rick reynolds September 19, 2003 02:44PM

Rutvik Desai September 19, 2003 03:32PM

Ziad September 19, 2003 03:54PM

rick reynolds September 19, 2003 04:12PM