AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
bob cox
October 31, 2003 08:49AM
Actually, you can make a 3D+time dataset that is marked as type "fim" (functional image, a term we invented back in the old MCW days of lore). You can either take a 3D+time dataset and do 3drefit -fim prefix+orig on it, or you can create it de novo using to3d -fim.

What you cannot do at this time is create a 3D+time dataset where each time point has more than one value (e.g., a mean difference and a t-statistic).

As Rick said, the difference between the functional and anatomical types has pretty much been erased in the AFNI GUI -- you can underlay any dataset and overlay any other dataset (in the same session, that is).

bob cox
Subject Author Posted

Why can't I make a functional 3D+time dataset?

Ben Cipollini October 30, 2003 06:09PM

Re: Why can't I make a functional 3D+time dataset?

rick reynolds October 30, 2003 06:42PM

Re: Why can't I make a functional 3D+time dataset?

bob cox October 31, 2003 08:49AM