AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 08, 2003 03:15PM
More is always better :)

Seriously, though, I analyzed all my dissertation data on a 667 MHz G4 Powerbook with no problems, running 3ddeconvolve on big (>1300 time points) datasets. They key I think is lots of RAM (I had 1GB), so you're not swapping stuff between RAM and your hard disk. I'm now using a 17" Powerbook (1.33 MHz, 1GB of RAM) and it is noticably faster. Video memory is not an issue for the basic analysis stuff but is for SUMA. Data always expands to fill the space available so get the biggest drive you can... AND have an adequate backup system!!!

a
Subject Author Posted

MAC configuration

Lloyd Estkowski December 08, 2003 01:57PM

Re: MAC configuration

aaron newman December 08, 2003 03:15PM

Re: MAC configuration

bob cox December 08, 2003 03:49PM