AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
bob cox
December 08, 2003 03:49PM
I agree with Aaron - at least 512 MB of memory, but 1 GB is better. Video memory will only be important for SUMA usage. Disk space depends entirely on the amount of data you will be dealing with locally (vs. a networked setup, like a RAID server). You will find that with the G4 processor, the speed of the programs goes directly with the speed of the CPU -- I usually like to buy 1 step below the fastest available -- that's my rule of thumb for the "sweet spot". But of course, now that I work for the govt, I can spend your tax dollars with wild abandon!!! Get me that 60" plasma display NOW!!!

For a desktop system, the more screen space the better -- when using AFNI, you tend to want to have a lot of windows open. But I've used AFNI on a 15" iMac with little more problem that the issue of window juggling -- which the new Expose' feature of OS X 10.3 makes easier.

Hope you are doing well, Lloyd -- long time no see -- bob cox
Subject Author Posted

MAC configuration

Lloyd Estkowski December 08, 2003 01:57PM

Re: MAC configuration

aaron newman December 08, 2003 03:15PM

Re: MAC configuration

bob cox December 08, 2003 03:49PM