AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 15, 2003 11:05AM
Hi Gang,

Thanks for your reply.

I am converting my statistic to z scores because I read the following posting by Doug Ward:

"for both the t-test and ANOVA, it is assumed that, under the null hypothesis, the input data is normally distributed. Now, this is true for the estimated parameters ("amplitudes"). However, this is definitely not true for the "statistics". So, if you are going to use a "statistic" as input to 3dttest, 3dANOVA, etc., it will be necessary to first
normalize the "statistic" (i.e., convert to z-score). This can be done using program 3dcalc. "

As for the AlphaSim, I plan to perform the clusters on the tlrc data for the group (threshold determination based on Orig voxel), and then convert the z-values back to p values. Please let me know if this is wrong.

Jasmin
Subject Author Posted

3dANOVA3 type 5 and contrasts

jasmin salloum December 12, 2003 05:14PM

Re: 3dANOVA3 type 5 and contrasts

Gang Chen December 15, 2003 10:44AM

jasmin salloum December 15, 2003 11:05AM

Gang Chen December 15, 2003 11:45AM

jasmin salloum December 15, 2003 11:56AM