AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 17, 2003 02:31PM
Hi Luiz,

The 'a:b' syntax is just a different way to specify stimulus patterns, and you can use either an 'a:b' format or an input file of the irregular timing, or both of them combined for the '-tstim' option.

I might be wrong, but this is my wild guess for '-tstim': no matter which stimulus mode you feed into waver, the program assigns 1 for those time points in some fixed precision specified in the program (0.1 seconds?) around those irregular time points (in the case of an input file) or during a time strech of duration (in the case of 'a:b'), and 0 for the rest. Then the sequence of 1's and 0's is convolved with the ideal impulse response function or basis function you selected in waver to generate a hemodynamic response function.

The final output would be sampled from the modeled response function at each TR. In this sense the precision/duration of stumulis would be the precision specified in the program in stead of TR.

Hope I guessed it correctly.

Gang
Subject Author Posted

waver event duration

Luiz Pessoa December 17, 2003 11:39AM

Re: waver event duration

Gang Chen December 17, 2003 02:31PM

bob cox December 17, 2003 02:52PM

Gang Chen December 18, 2003 10:20AM