AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 28, 2004 11:53AM
This is a reply to a message posted by Deborah on 01-16-04 17:09:

===================
Hi,

In order to have a direct comparison between 2 tasks (A and B), I entered task A as the baseline and looked at the brick comparing task B to the baseline (which in fact was comparing it to task A).

This worked well for individual subjects but now I am not sure how to look at this comparison for the group. This is because for each subject I have just one file (a brick comparing task A to task B), but in order to use 3dANOVA I need at least 2 files per subject. It also doesn't look like one-sample ttest would solve my problem since I don't want to choose the "bval" but to use the "baseline" (in actual fact, task A's) values.

3dANOVA outputs a tstat for each condition in addition to outputing comparisons, which looks like what I need. In other words, I am looking for a way to have a mean and a statistic for each voxel, across all subjects, looking for significant differences is between task A and B (without taking any other "baseline" into consideration).

Thanks for your time.
Deborah

===================

Deborah,

Did you run 3dDeconvolve with task A as baseline in contrast to another task B for individual subjects? If this is the case, it is not appropriate. First, by setting one task as baseline it would be confused with the usual baseline (resting period); Second, the baseline fitting is just some polynomial (usually straight line), which is not a good fit for a regressor.

I suggest that you rerun 3dDeconvolve with both tasks as two separate regressors and leave the baseline for the resting period. You can also make glt contrast test between tasks A and B if you are interested.

In doing so, you would be able to run 3dAVOVA with two subbricks as input, and obtain mean and t statistic as well.

Gang
Subject Author Posted

Re: Anova with 1 dataset?

Gang Chen January 28, 2004 11:53AM

Deborah January 28, 2004 02:01PM

Gang Chen January 28, 2004 03:13PM