AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 19, 2004 02:46PM
After running an anova and getting the appropriate F-statistic. Can i simply use the following command to convert to a z-score:

3dmerge -1zscore -doall -prefix outputfilename inputdataset

Or do I need to tell it that it is an F-statistic and what the distribution of that F statistic is in order to do teh conversion properly?

Ultimately, my goal is to use the anova to find areas of activation in the brain with the following steps:
1) Run the Anova
2) Convert F to Z
3) Run 3dclust to select clusters with a certain volume and Zscore

In 3dclust, is there anyway to find mutliple hot spots within a cluster. Something that would find the peaks, and decide if they should be included in the same cluster. etc. If you'd like more deatils on what I would like do I'd be happy to provide them. Currently, I think finding multiple hotspots within a cluster would be sufficent.
Subject Author Posted

F to Z and 3dclust

Donald February 19, 2004 02:46PM

Re: F to Z and 3dclust

Rich Hammett February 19, 2004 03:27PM

3dclust/3dmerge/hotspots

Donald February 19, 2004 05:19PM