AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 07, 2004 12:22PM
Hi Suzy,
I remember a posting on the message board about using the AFNI dataset TTatlas+tlrc to create masks of Brodmann areas. I recall Bob Cox saying he didn't advise doing it, but I couldn't find that post. I can tell you how to do it, but with that caveat. Perhaps Zorkon would like to weigh in on this again for those of us with short memories.
AFNI FAQ 80 has a link to a document that describes the TTatlas+tlrc dataset, but when I clicked on it, I got a 404 not found error. The dataset has two sub-briks, each defining regions of the brain. Sub-brik 0 gives separate values to large regions, such as middle frontal gyrus. Sub-brik 1 gives separate values to each Brodmann area and to other smaller structures, such as thalamic nuclei. You can use 3dcalc to make a mask of one of these regions as follows:

3dcalc \
-a1 TTatlas+tlrc \
-expr "step(147-a)*step(a-145)" \
-prefix nucleus.accumbens.mask

This would make a mask for the nucleus accumbens, which has a value of 146 in sub-brik 1 of TTatlas+tlrc. (N.B. The TTatlas+tlrc dataset uses the small tlrc box. You may need to use 3dZeropad to add slices to the inferior edge in order to make it compatible with other afni datasets)
Sally Durgerian

Subject Author Posted

Cortical Mask

Suzy Scherf May 07, 2004 10:03AM

Re: Cortical Mask

sally durgerian May 07, 2004 12:22PM

Donna Hanlon May 10, 2004 10:02AM

sally durgerian May 10, 2004 03:50PM