AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 13, 2004 10:52AM
sorry for the confusion.

i want to perform a 3dAnova fixed effects analysis on 2 groups of subjects. the task was somatosensory and due to lesions on different sides, some patients were tested on their right hand and some on their left. i am interested in the post-central gyrus contralateral to the stimulation side (i.e. it is flipped for patients who were stimulated on their left hand versus right hand).

usually what is done in such a case (correct or not) is to "flip" or mirror teh activation right-to-left so that the contralateral hemisphere is the same for patients who were stimulated on their right hand and left hand.

so my question is, how best to do this. i have .1D files for right and left hemisphere using standard meshes created with MapIcos and 3DVol2Surf. i was wondering if the "flipping would be as simple as just using the .1D file created with lh_std.Pial as .1D file created with the rh_std.Pial from other patients who were stimulated on their opposite side; and vice versa.

i realize that the central sulcus may not match up exactly, but would this be the same equivalent problem as just flipping the data in the very beginning? i assume the ideal step would have been to flip the data and construct the surface from a flipped anatomical starting from scratch... but woulkd this be equivalent to effectively just swapping the names of the two .1D files (as i proposed above).

excuse the verbosity, but i hope it is clear now :^)

-vitaly
Subject Author Posted

flip hemisphere data with suma

vitaly May 12, 2004 02:03PM

Re: flip hemisphere data with suma

rick reynolds May 12, 2004 04:43PM

Ziad Saad May 12, 2004 11:09PM

vitaly May 13, 2004 10:52AM

rick reynolds May 13, 2004 11:16AM