History of AFNI updates  

|
May 13, 2004 10:52AM
sorry for the confusion.

i want to perform a 3dAnova fixed effects analysis on 2 groups of subjects. the task was somatosensory and due to lesions on different sides, some patients were tested on their right hand and some on their left. i am interested in the post-central gyrus contralateral to the stimulation side (i.e. it is flipped for patients who were stimulated on their left hand versus right hand).

usually what is done in such a case (correct or not) is to "flip" or mirror teh activation right-to-left so that the contralateral hemisphere is the same for patients who were stimulated on their right hand and left hand.

so my question is, how best to do this. i have .1D files for right and left hemisphere using standard meshes created with MapIcos and 3DVol2Surf. i was wondering if the "flipping would be as simple as just using the .1D file created with lh_std.Pial as .1D file created with the rh_std.Pial from other patients who were stimulated on their opposite side; and vice versa.

i realize that the central sulcus may not match up exactly, but would this be the same equivalent problem as just flipping the data in the very beginning? i assume the ideal step would have been to flip the data and construct the surface from a flipped anatomical starting from scratch... but woulkd this be equivalent to effectively just swapping the names of the two .1D files (as i proposed above).

excuse the verbosity, but i hope it is clear now :^)

-vitaly
Subject Author Posted

flip hemisphere data with suma

vitaly May 12, 2004 02:03PM

Re: flip hemisphere data with suma

rick reynolds May 12, 2004 04:43PM

Ziad Saad May 12, 2004 11:09PM

vitaly May 13, 2004 10:52AM

rick reynolds May 13, 2004 11:16AM