AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 02, 2004 02:10PM
I do not recommend that you use the Fink version of AFNI. It was compiled a long time ago, and the person who did it does not keep it up to date. He was going to tell me how to do it, but never finished doing so; therefore, we don't keep the Fink-ized AFNI binaries current. We don't know how, and aren't willing to figure it out -- we want someone to spoon feed us simple instructions.

Instead, you should download either macosx_10.3.tgz or Mac_AFNI.dmg from [afni.nimh.nih.gov]. The first is a standard Unix tarball of all the Mac binaries. The second is an Apple disk image of the same files. If you download Mac_AFNI.dmg to your desktop (say), then open it, you'll get single folder, cleverly named Mac_AFNI. This directory contains all the AFNI binaries, compiled on a G4 running Panther. You can drag this directory to somewhere, say your home directory, to make a copy on the hard disk, then put this directory in your path; then you should be able to run AFNI. If you don't understand the concept of "path", you need to learn a little about Unix.

After you install AFNI, you can update it the same way, or you can use the UPDATER script, which you can find at [afni.nimh.nih.gov].

Finally, I just discovered that G4 binaries for AFNI won't run on a G5. I'm not sure why. They used to. So if you have a G5, then at present you'll have to compile AFNI yourself, since I don't make G5 Mac binaries for distribution at this time.

bob cox

Subject Author Posted

installing and running AFNI in panther

priyanth June 02, 2004 07:12AM

Re: installing and running AFNI in panther

rick reynolds June 02, 2004 08:29AM

Alex Clark June 02, 2004 01:27PM

Robert Cox June 02, 2004 02:10PM